1. Percale Cotton SheetsLet's start with the basics- the sheets on your bed. You need something that is not only comfortable but also looks good. What can be better than these luxury cotton percale sheets? These 100% cotton sheets can give you that awesome 5-star hotel-like bed at home. Since cotton is a natural fiber, it is breathable and great even for the summer months. With an industry-leading 500 thread count, these sheets are super soft and smooth to touch. Just swapping your regular sheets with high-quality percale cotton sheets can take your bedroom up one notch and give you an instant luxurious feeling.
2. Proper LightingLighting can make or break the ambiance of a room and affect your sleep. There is nothing better than having a bedroom with ample natural light. However, that is not always possible. But there is no need to worry if your room doesn't get enough sunlight. There are umpteen lighting options available in the market that can give your luxury master bedroom that opulent feel. Install a contemporary chandelier or get a set of night lamps that match the overall decor of the room. If you are an avid reader, then a reading lamp is a must. Try different types of light intensities to find something that suits your need. Consider having two sets of lights installed in the room- something bright if the room gets dark during daytime and something mellow to create a nice mood at night.
3. Comfy PillowsGood-quality pillows are a necessary item for a luxury bedroom. They can also double as an accessory for when the bed is not in use. Consider buying something like these down pillows for the best support during sleep. If you are allergic to down, then do not worry. These down-alternative pillows are exactly what you are looking for in that case. These pillows are soft yet firm- thus providing great support while sleeping. They are also great for when you want to sit up on the bed with pillows as a backrest. For your bedroom to feel extra-special, have a couple of these pillows in varying sizes to give that comfortable look.
4. Soothing ScentThe importance of light yet soothing smell cannot be stressed enough when creating a luxury master bedroom. Aromatherapy plays an important role in making us feel relaxed by calming our senses and helping us sleep well. There are several ways in which you can introduce scent in your bedroom:
- Light your favorite candle for some time.
- Invest in a linen spray and use it before going to bed.
- Diffuse essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus.
- Keep a few sprigs of lavender on your bedside table.
5. A Great Duvet CoverJust like the percale sheets, having cotton duvet covers also adds to the overall splendor of your bedroom. A percale cotton duvet cover like this one will work wonders for your bedroom. Made with long-staple Pima cotton, these covers are soft and comfortable for use and yet look crisp and fresh.
6. Proper Color Scheme
Patterned bedding on king-size bed and hammock above white fur in a master bedroom.It is well-known that the color scheme plays a crucial role in interior design. Hence, while creating a luxury master bedroom, you will need to pay special attention to the colors and patterns that you use in your room. Soft and light colors are always a great choice, especially when they are contrasted with bright linens and furnishings. Alternatively, you can also opt for a bold color for an accent wall. Statement wallpapers with big motifs can also be used to create an eye-catching contrast. The color scheme should also be continued to the other soft furnishings like the curtains and cushion covers. That will help you create a cohesive look.