Elizabeth’s Favorite Holiday Recipe (She Actually Made By Mistake!)December 4, 2018
The holiday season is filled with family, friends and lovely traditions that are passed down through the years. One of my favorite traditions that I want to share with you actually started off as a mistake!
Several years ago, my mom and I were trying to make holiday fudge to give as gifts to our neighbors. We bought some fabulous chocolate, heated it slowly over a double boiler in my steamy kitchen, carefully measured in the cream and other ingredients, but the fudge just never hardened. Instead, the chocolate stayed frustratingly smooth and liquid.
But my mother and I were not deterred. We decided to put it in cute little mason jars and labeled it chocolate sauce!
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli because it melts beautifully)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee, prepared
- Place the cream, sugar and chocolate chips in a bowl that is set over simmering water and stir until the chocolate melts and the sugar is incorporated.
- Add the coffee and stir until smooth.
- Put the chocolate sauce in mason jars and give it to all of your friends (but of course keep a couple of jars for yourself).
- Refrigerate and use as needed.
I hope you enjoy this delicious holiday treat that my family and I take part in every season. I would also love to hear some of your favorite holiday recipes and traditions! Head to our Facebook page and share your favorite holiday recipes, traditions and memories with us!
Here at Thomas Lee Sheets, we hope you’re enjoying the holiday season!